Firstly let me say this is the first time I have ever posted on a forum, I have no idea what threads and stickies are, and therefore I apologise if I am asking this in the wrong place, or it's previously been asked.
I am looking to build my own gaming PC for 3 main reasons:
1) I want to understand all of the components and what they do.
2) I want to create a great gaming machine that will finally move me away from console gaming.
3) I want the geek-cred and self gratification gained from building a custom PC.
I have a fairly good knowledge of PC hardware and software etc.. however all of the things that need to be taken into consideration are quite daunting to me.
I have been looking around and have picked out these components:
EZ COOL H620
Intel Core i7-2600
AKASA Intel LGA 775/1156
Asus P8Z68-V PRO
CORSAIR 16GB XMS3
Seagate 2TB Barracuda Green
Samsung 22x DVD-RW
D-Link 802.11g Wireless
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 560
Basically my questions are:
1) is everything listed compatible with one another?
2) is there anything you can think of that I've missed off?
3) am I going overboard with 16GB RAM and the i7? Would an i5 and 8GB be plenty for gaming on max settings?
I know this is quite a large question but I'm hoping you'll be able to help steer me in the right direction. As I said I want a good gaming setup that is future proof for the next year or so.
Many Thanks in advance peeps,