The New AMD A-Series APU Range - Harness DirectX 11!
The AMD Quad-Core A8 APU combines discrete-level, DirectX® 11-capable graphics and quad-core processing power on one chip.
- The new AMD A-Series APU enables an immersive visual experience for brilliant HD gaming and videos.
- Get discrete-level graphics performance without purchasing a discrete graphics card.
- DirectX® 11 capable graphics enables lifelike imagery and stunning detail in games.
- Pair the AMD A-Series APU with select AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series graphics cards and boost visual performance up to 75%.1
- Accelerate demanding applications with the help of AMD App Acceleration to maximize processing performance between the CPU and the GPU.2
- Harness the Power of DirectX® 11.
See How The AMD A-Series APU Performs!
What is an Accelerated Processing Unit (APU)?
Powerful AMD processor technology and discrete-class, DirectX® 11-capable graphics combined on a single chip.
What are some of the key competitive benchmarks of an APU?
Systems powered by AMD A-Series APUs with discrete-level graphics deliver up to 3X the visual performance of competing Intel Systems
- Boost visual performance by at least 120% when you combine an AMD A-Series APU with select AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series graphics cards
- AMD Turbo CORE Technology dynamically adjusts to users' various workloads, delivering up to 300MHz of additional frequency on select AMD A-Series APUs.
- Enables the graphics features and performance users demand with full DirectX®11 support
Top Reasons To Buy
See The AMD APU Range
See The New Range Of Motherboards
*Additional hardware (e.g. Blu-ray drive, HD or 10-bit monitor, TV tuner, wirelessly enabled HDTV) and/or software (e.g. multimedia applications) are required for the full enablement of some features. HD Video display requires an HD video source. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems—check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies. 1Dual graphics performance is projected by AMD Performance Labs based on expected uplift experienced by adding a discrete graphics card to an APU-based system. The expected uplift depends on the ratio of the relative performance of the two graphics engines (i.e. the discrete graphics and the APU graphics). Specific projections are based on current reference design platforms and are subject to change when final product comes to market. The system configuration is represented by an APU-based system (being the reference design codename "Lynx", consisting of the AMD dual-core A4 3450 APU with AMD Radeon™ HD 6410 Discrete-Level Graphics, 4GB DDR3-1066 system memory and Microsoft Windows Ultimate 64-bit) to which an AMD Radeon™ HD 6450 discrete graphics card has been added; creating an AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics system. CP-08 2Requires application support for AMD APP Acceleration technology. AMD App Acceleration is a set of technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for OpenCL™ or DirectCompute (including AMD's Universal Video Decoder [UVD]). Not all products have all features and full enablement of some capabilities and may require complementary products. © 2011, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft and DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. © 2011 The Codemaster Software Company Limited (“Codemasters”). All rights reserved. “Codemasters”®, the Codemasters logo and “DiRT”® are registered trademarks owned by Codemasters. “DiRT3™” and “EGO™” are trademarks for Codemasters. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. Developed and published by Codemasters. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owner