- Take advantage of true multi-core performance and true multitasking capability
- Get a PC experience optimized to deliver the benefits of the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system 1
- Convert music, HD video, and other media fast 2,3
- Manage all your home media files and run the software you need to create, share, and enjoy your media 2,3
- Take advantage of energy efficiency you'll feel good about for a green, cool, and quiet PC experience
- Save energy, get the most out of your budget, and help reduce heat and noise to reduce the environmental impact of your PC
- Enjoy performance on demand when you need it and power savings when you don't using next-generation AMD desktop power management technologies
- Get improvements over previous-generation AMD Athlon™ II processors: slash your power consumption by up to 50% when doing basic tasks, 40% when running heavy load, and 50% when idle 4
- Helps enable Energy Star® compliance with idle-power improvements such as low core voltages and enhanced cache power management
- True Multi-Core Processing - The extensive AMD64 architectural optimizations and features enable thorough integration of multiple cores within the same processor, with each core having its own L1 and L2 caches.
- AMD Dedicated Multi-Cache - Each core has its own dedicated L2 cache, which enables simultaneous independent core access to L2 cache, eliminating the need for cores to arbitrate for cache access. This helps reduce latency on L2 cache accesses.
- AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) Technology - Silicon feature-set enhancements designed to improve the performance, reliability, and security of both existing and future virtualization environments.
- AMD PowerNow!™ 3.0 Technology - The latest power management technologies that deliver performance on demand when you need it, and power savings when you don't.
- HyperTransport™ 3.0 Technology - Third-generation HyperTransport™ technology interface improves performance, supporting transfer speeds up to 4.4GT/s.
Simultaneous 32-bit and 64-bit Computing - AMD64 technology enables a breakthrough approach to 64-bit computing that doubles the number of registers in the processor and allows PC users to use today's 32-bit software applications while
1 Windows® 7 capable PC configuration required
- 2 Additional hardware or software may be required.
- 3 Recording of content may be subject to digital rights management (DRM) restrictions.
- 4 Based on comparison of processor performance states of 65nm 95W AMD Athlon™ 7850 to 45nm 65W AMD Athlon™ II X2 250 processors. Power under heavy load calculated using performance state P0 for AMD Athlon™ 7850 processor and a combination of P0 and P1 for AMD Athlon™ II 250 processor. Power under light load calculated using performance state P1 for AMD Athlon™ 7850 processor and P3 for AMD Athlon™ II 25 processor. Power during idle calculated using performance state of C1E for both
- Socket AM3
- Athlon II X2
- Clock Speed
- 3.4 GHz
- Cache Memory
- 2 MB
- Processor / Multi-Core Technology
- Processor / Processor Number
- Header / Compatibility
- Header / Manufacturer
- Advanced Micro Devices
- Header / Packaged Quantity
- Miscellaneous / Processor Package
- AMD Processor in a Box (PIB)
Write a review for the AMD Athlon II X2 270 3.4GHz AM3 2MB 65W here!
Reviewed by Jamie. Review Posted 31/12/2013
Easy to put in the computer only took 24 hours from buying to using it
- Ease of use
- Value for money
The opinions expressed in this reviews section are those of our customers and not of dabs.com. Nothing contained herein amends dabs.com’s terms and conditions.