Crosshair V Formula: World's best AMD gaming motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX support
- 3-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ / AMD CrossFireX™ Technology
- Extreme Engine Digi+ - Powerful combination of analog and digital design elements
- SupremeFX X-Fi 2 - Play with ultra-real cinematic in-game surround sound!
- GameFirst - Creates the speed you need to PWN!
- Intel® Gigabit LAN - Experience the fast network connectivity!
- UEFI BIOS - Flexible & Easy BIOS Interface
ASUS Republic of Gamers, (ROG), offers only the best hardware engineering, the fastest performance and the most innovating ideas.
The Crosshair V Formula with AMD 990FX chipset-based is not only the first ROG motherboard with AM3+ CPU support, but it is also the first ever AMD motherboard to support both 3-Way NVDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™, as well as offering UEFI BIOS. The usual selection of advanced ROG overclocking tools are on hand too, whilst on-board SupremeFX X-Fi 2 delivers the most intense and immersive gaming audio experience. Better still, high-performance Intel® Ethernet with GameFirst technology creates a LAN connection that is fast enough to keep up with the pace of modern multiplayer gaming over an internet connection that is also used being used for other online tasks.
To really make it the ultimate gaming motherboard, why not choose the Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt edition which also comes with the ThunderBolt audio/LAN combo expansion card. The class-leading XONAR™ audio technology provides dramatically better sound quality than any standard audio card, while its built-in headphone amplifier with adjustable impedance settings make it perfect for getting the drop on the gaming competition. The Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt also incorporates the award-winning Bigfoot Networks™ Killer™ E2100 networking platform with exclusive Advanced Stream Detect™ technology that automatically classifies and prioritizes traffic for online games, HD video and audio streams for optimum performance, even when performing these tasks simultaneously.
ASUS Unique Selling Points
- Extreme Engine Digi+: A Powerful combination of analog and digital Phase Power design elements.
- GameFirst: Optimized network bandwidth designed to succeed.
- CPU Level Up: A simple click for an instant performance upgrade!
- ROG Connect: Plug and Overclock - Tweak it the hardcore way!
- RC Poster
- RC Remote
- RC Diagram
- GPU TweakIT: Safely Overclock your GPU performance.
- GPU.DIMM Post: Easily check the status of your graphics cards and memory in the BIOS!
- Bios Print: Easily print your bios settings.
- Extreme Tweaker:One stop performance tuning shop.
- ASUS TPU with Auto Tuning and TurboV: Providing simple steps to easy overclocking.
- O.C. Profile: Allows you to store multiple Bios images.
- COP EX (Component Overheat Protection - EX): Maximum OC with confidence via burn proof protection to chipsets and GPU!
- Voltiminder LED: Friendly reminder for to extreme Voltage Settings.
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
- Core Unlocker: Safely unlock latent CPU cores for Free.
- Fan Xpert: Smart thermal control via fan speed detection.
- ASUS Q-Connector: Easily access your PCI-E connectors.
- ASUS Q-Shield: Protect yourself from EMI.
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LEDs)
- EZ Flash 2: Easily update your systems bios firmware.
- ASUS MyLogo 3: Customize your boot screen.
- Form Factor: ATX Form Factor, 12"x 9.6" (30.5cm x 24.4cm)
- Socket: AMD Socket AM3+ for FX™ / Phenom™II / Athlon™II / Sempron™ 100 Series Processors
- Chipset: AMD 990FX / SB950 Chipset
- Graphics interface: 3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (dual x16; x16 x8 x8)
- Expansion Slots: 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 speed) 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 1 x PCI 2.2
- Multi GPU: Supports 3-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ / AMD CrossFireX™ Technology
- Memory: 4 x DIMM, max. 32GB, DDR3 2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz, ECC and non-ECC, un-buffered memory, Dual channel memory architecture
- Audio: SupremeFX X-Fi 2 built-in 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- LAN: Gigabit Intel® Ethernet LAN
- Storage: 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, red, - 1 x SATA 6Gb/s port, red, - 1 x eSATA 6Gb/s port, red
- USB: 6 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (4 at back I/O, blue; 2 at mid-board), 12 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (7 ports at back I/O, black, 4 ports at mid-board, 1 port at back I/O can be switched to ROG Connect, white)
- Manageability: WOL by PME, WOR by PME, PXE
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse Combo port
- 1 x External SATA port
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port
- 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (1 port can be switched to ROG Connect)
- 1 x S/PDIF Out (Optical)
- 8-channel Audio I/O
- 1 x Clr CMOS switch
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x USB 3.0/2.0 connector supports additional 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 connectors support additional 4 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 7 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (Red)
- 2 x CPU Fan connector(s)
- 3 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
- 3 x Optional Fan connector(s)
- 8 x ProbeIt measurement points
- 3 x Thermal sensor connectors
- 1 x SPDIF out connector
- 1 x 24-pin EATX power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- x EZ Plug connector (4-pin Molex Power connector)
- 1 x En/Dis-able Clr CMOS header
- 1 x CPU Level Up button
- 1 x ROG Connect switch
- 1 x START (Power on) button
- 1 x RESET button
- 1 x Go Button
- 1 x Audio front panel (AAFP) header
- 1 x System panel connector
In The Box
- 1 x ROG Connect Cable
- 1 x 2-in-1 ASUS Q-Connector Kit
- 3 x 2-in-1 SATA 6.0Gb/s Cables
- 1 x 3-Way SLI Bridge
- 1 x SLI Cable
- 1 x Crossfire Cable
- 1 x Cable Ties Pack
- 1 x ROG Theme Label
- 1 x 12-in-1 ROG SATA Cable Label
- 1 x User's Manual
- 1 x I/O Shield
- Sound Blaster® X-Fi 2 Utility
- Kaspersky® Anti-Virus
- DAEMON Tools Pro Standard
- ROG CPU-Z
- ASUS Utilities
Write a review for the Asus Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX SB950 DDR3 ATX RoG Series here!
Asus Crosshair V Formula
Reviewed by oops. Review Posted 28/03/2012
This board is by far the best iv ever owned.i love it.great overclocking features great softwere.it out performs every board iv ever owned in the past.iv not updated the bios as it runs my fx 6100 out of the box.if its not broke don't fix it.very very good value for the money.but don't take my word for it buy one yourself and try it.if your not Shaw how to setup all the overclocking features watch the reviews on this board on youtube every thing you need to know is on there.i ordered this product Friday late morning and was holding it in my hands Saturday midday thanks for that dabs nice one.
- Ease of use
- Value for money
Asus Crosshair V Formula
Reviewed by Andrew McDonald. Review Posted 13/03/2012
Great board, ROG is awesome, kaspersky is a great bonus along with daemon tools pro and AI suite 2 just top it off. The board is great quality, pretty hard to break and performs brilliantly and its features add the icing on the cake. Watch my full review over at TechteamGB (our youtube channel)
- Ease of use
- Value for money
The opinions expressed in this reviews section are those of our customers and not of dabs.com. Nothing contained herein amends dabs.com’s terms and conditions.