- Dabs Guide: How To Install A Graphics Card
- STRIKE FIRST AND LAST - AMD Radeon R9 Series Graphics, Click here to see the range
- EXPLORE & COLONIZE! Buy any AMD Radeon™ R9 390 and 390x Series graphics card and get Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth FREE! Click Here for details
- Buy any AMD Radeon R9 390 or 390X and claim DIRT Rally FREE! After purchase, email email@example.com with your name and order number!
Best Value VTX3D AMD Radeon 7870 HD 2GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI Black
- ModelVX7870 2GBD5-2DHV3E
- Graphics EngineRADEON HD 7870
- Video Memory2GB GDDR5
- Memory Interface256bit
- DirectX® Support11.1
- Bus StandardPCI Express 3.0
- Core Speed925 MHz (975MHz Boost)
- Memory Speed1500 MHz (6.0 Gbps)
- DVI OutputDL-DVI-I *1
- HDMI SupportHDMI *1
- DisplayPort SupportMINI DisplayPort *2
- Minimum System Power Requirement500W
Redefine HD Gaming
With more than twice the processing power of previous generation AMD discrete graphics cards, ATI Radeon HD 7800 Series graphics cards deliver a cinematic gaming experience and unprecedented performance.
- PCI Express® 3.0
- 256-bit GDDR5 memory interface
- MicrosoftR DirectX® 11.1 support
Write a review for the Best Value VTX3D AMD Radeon 7870 HD 2GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI Black here!
Best Value VTX3D AMD Radeon 7870 HD 2GB
Reviewed by Dan. Review Posted 30/08/2013
This card is great value for money as it is based on the GPU used by the 7950 (albeit slightly cut down)and has faster memory than non-'XT' versions. Free decent games (although I am still waiting for the BSI code. Great performance, BUT BE WARNED the card is long and runs quite hot. Make sure that you have enough space and sufficient case airflow. I have an Antec 300 case and it is o.k. with medium fan settings, helped by this card exhausting heat out of the case via it's centrifugal fan design. The AMD catalyst software struggles to operate the fan speeds sufficiently to stop the card shutting down due to thermal overload. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you download MSI's 'Afterburner' software where you can set a reliable manual fan map. The card has never got above 60C now under full load with tolerable (not quiet) fan noise and has not crashed since. If you don't mind some simple tweaks this card is for you, if you want plug & play at similar prices go for an Asus 7870 or any 660TI.
- Ease of use
- Value for money
The opinions expressed in this reviews section are those of our customers and not of dabs.com. Nothing contained herein amends dabs.com’s terms and conditions.