Very High-speed Connectivity for Internet Access and IPTV Service.
The BiPAC 8200M is a single VDSL2 port modem equipped with four Ethernet ports by embedded 10/100Mbps Ethernet Switch.
Compliant with ITU-T G.993.2 VDSL2 standard, the BiPAC 8200M supports the highest rate of up to 100Mbps/100Mbps in VDSL2 Profile (30a) with a 6-band solution.
Since VDSL2 has the characteristic of faster rates over shorter distances, the ideal architecture for Telcoms is to use fiber optic lines as the backbone and a VDSL2 line as the last mile into the home or office.
VDSL2 operates over copper wires so that telecom operators can provide bundled services to end-users similar to those that cable operators offer. With outstanding throughput, the BiPAC 8200M can complement a fiber network to offer the best solution for delivering IPTV or home entertainment services.
The BiPAC 8200M also supports both central office (CO) and customer-premises equipment (CPE) modes for back-to-back applications. Besides forwarding Ethernet packets between VDSL2 port and Ethernet ports, BiPAC 8200M also provides Hardware IGMP snooping for IGMP v1/v2 to facilitate IPTV services without interfering with other applications.
- Compliant with VDSL2 Standard, ITU-T G.993.2
- VDSL2 Profiles: 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 12a, 12b, 17a and 30a
- Supports 997 and 998 Band Plans
- Supports Annex A, Annex B and/ or Annex C
- Upstream/Downstream connection rates 100/100Mbps
- OLR (On Line Reconfiguration), US0 Supported
- Supports Ethernet 802.3ah
Network Protocols and Features
- Transparent bridging
- Ethernet over VDSL (EoVDSL) Bridging
- IEEE 802.3/3u compliant
- Hardware IGMP Snooping for IGMP v1/v2
- Simple management function via console port
- Firmware upgradable (on demand)
- VDSL: one RJ-11 connector
- DIP Switch: DIP4 for configuring RT/COT mode
- Ethernet: 4-port 10/100Mbps auto-crossover (MDI / MDI-X) Switch
- Console: PS2, for management function
- Power jack
- Power switch
- Dimensions: 7.09" x 4.72" x 1.57" (180mm x 120mm x 40mm)
- Input: 12V DC, 1A
- Operating temperature: 0 - 40 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 - 70 °C
- Humidity: 20 - 95% non-condensing
Specifications in this datasheet are subject to change without prior notice.