Buffalo's MiniStation Portable USB Hard Drive offers a compact, sleek, lightweight and portable storage solution. Store, back up and transport digital images, music and other files without taking up space on your PC's hard drive.
- PC and Mac compatible
- Plug-n-Play - ready for immediate use
- USB Powered - no power supply needed
- Sleek, compact and lightweight in a black slim line chassis
- Drive Interface: SATA
- Standard Compliance: USB 2.0
- Connector Type: USB Mini-B
- Data Transfer Rate: Max. 480Mbps
- OS Compatibility: Windows®7 (32bit, 64bit), Windows® Vista™ (32bit, 64bit), Windows® XP, Mac OS 10.4 or later
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 114 x 77 x 14mm
- Power Consumption: MAX 2.5W
- Weight: 165g
- Power Supply: USB bus powered
The following resources are available for the Buffalo 500GB MiniStation USB 2.0 2.5" Black
Write a review for the Buffalo 500GB MiniStation USB 2.0 2.5" Black here!
Does what it's meant to
I bought this drive basically because of the low price tag.
At just £40 for a 500GB portable external drive, there's no other deal to compare.
The size is ideal (smaller than my 320GB western digital portable drive), though I'm not sure that I like the USB port being on the side rather than the front/back.
It's the little things that make a difference with these drives though.
the feet on the bottom are one of my main problems; only two of the feet are made of rubber, the other two made of the same plastic as the casing; which isn't ideal if, like me, you use it rested upon the lower half of a laptop.
Also the blue LED light (a noted design feature) is far too big, and doesn't flash softly (dimming) but rather a strobe effect when data is being transferred.
On the other hand, the transfer speed is adequate, and other than it being quite loud, I feel that the pros outweigh the cons, and overall, for the price, I made a good purchase.
Ease of use
Value for money
The opinions expressed in this reviews section are those of our customers and not of dabs.com. Nothing contained herein amends dabs.com’s terms and conditions.