The Fractal Design Define R4 is the latest in the Define Series of computer cases offering minimalistic and stunning Scandinavian design fused with maximum sound reduction, configurability and functionality. The Define R4 side and front door panels are fitted with dense, sound-absorbing material making it a benchmark for noise reduction. Moreover, the Define R4 accommodates up to 8 HDDs, all modern graphics card sizes, and multiple ventilation options - including two standard Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fans - to keep internal components at optimal temperatures.
For ultimate functionality, the Define R4 features a front interface with USB 3.0 and an integrated threespeed fan controller behind the front panel door.
- High density noise-reducing material for an optimal silent case **To achieve a high level of noise reduction, material with mass should be incorporated which is what we strive to achieve with the dense bitumen used on the side panels
- Patent pending ModuVent™ design allowing the user to choose between optimal silence or maximum airflow
- Top HDD cage (5 trays total) can be rotated 90 degrees or removed for additional airflow or to accommodate long graphic cards up to 430mm in length
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans
- Two Silent Series R2 fans included, featuring hydraulic bearings contributing to a longer life expectancy - Silent Series R2 retail fans will now come standard in all cases
- Wider case body that allows for improved cable routing behind the motherboard - now 26mm wide
- New tool-less front fan holder makes switching front fans a breeze
- Two SSDs can be mounted on the back of the motherboard plate
- Motherboard compatibility: ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX
- Front interface: 2 - USB 3.0, 2 - USB 2.0, Audio in/out, Power button with LED (blue), Reset button, Fan controller (behind door)
- Drive bay capacity 2 - 5.25" bays / 8 - 3.5" HDD trays - all compatible with SSDs / 2 - 2.5" extra SSD positions
- Expansion slots: 7 + 1
- PSU compatibility: ATX PSUs up to 170 mm deep when using the bottom fan location; when not using this fan location longer PSUs (up to 270 mm deep) can be used
- Graphics card compatibility: Graphics cards up to 295mm in length with the top HDD cage installed
- With the top cage removed, graphics cards up to 430mm in length may be installed
- Cooling / Ventilation: 3 - ModuVent™ plates - two in the top and one in the side / 7 - Fan positions (2 fans included) / Filtered fan slots in front and bottom
- CPU cooler compatibility: CPU coolers up to 170 mm tall (when no fan is installed in the side panel)
- Additional information: 26 mm of space for cable routing behind the motherboard plate / Thick rubber grommets on all holes on the motherboard plate
- Case dimensions (WxHxD) (mm): 232 x 464 x 523
- Net weight (kg) - 12,3
- Define R4 computer case
- User manual
- Accessory box
- Front: 1 - hydraulic bearing 140mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed (included) / 1 - 120/140mm fan
- Rear: 1 - hydraulic bearing 140mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed (included)
- Top: 2 - 120/140mm fans - positions also support 240/280mm radiators
- Bottom: 1 - 120/140mm fan
- Side: 1 - 140mm fan
- Fan controller: 1 - integrated fan controller for up to 3 fans (included)
|CoolerMaster High Performance Thermal Paste 2g worth £1.18 | in stock|
|Akasa Cable Tidy Kit worth £4.99 | in stock|
|StarTech.com 7 Piece Screwdriver Tool Kit worth £14.98 | in stock|
|Best Value Duratool Antistatic Wrist Band worth £4.99 | in stock|
|C2G 1m 7-pin 180° to 90° 1-Device Serial ATA Cable worth £4.99 | in stock|
|StarTech.com System case feet - (pack of 4 ) worth £1.99 | in stock|
Write a review for the Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Mid-Tower Case here!
Fractal R4 - good, but snags on quality
Reviewed by Ian. Review Posted 25/11/2012
Impressed by strength and design of this case, built from heavy gauge steel, well fitted together, easy to work on, and looks good. One drive cage removes completely, which helped route cabling just where I wanted it, and all bays have separate removable trays, so putting drives in is very easy. Sound insulation is good, the only noticeable noise is from the fan at the back and that's not at all intrusive (I have a BeQuiet 530W power supply in the case, which is very quiet). Some difficulties with the build quality, though. Motherboard stand-offs very tight in their holes and alignment with holes in motherboard not spot on, which caused some difficulty. Also one of the side panels proved so difficult to remove I've decided not to seat it fully back in place, because I nearly pulled my fingernails out getting it off (other side panel was fine though). Overall a very good case, slightly let down by the quality issues.
- Ease of use
- Value for money
Fractal R4 - looks good, HDD cage vibrates like crazy
Reviewed by ZED. Review Posted 23/10/2013
I love the plain and simple look of the case, the very reason i brought one! there's tons of space to work with, cable management is brilliant. build quality is very good.
The only thing that's annoying the living daylights out of me is the HDD cage/bay vibration which is buzzing like crazzzzzzyyyyyy when the HDDs are spinning!!! it's unbearable, I've tried to remedy the problem by tightening the bay/cage screws but its just not having it!!!!
To pay a premium for such a case is just not worth it!
- Ease of use
- Value for money
The opinions expressed in this reviews section are those of our customers and not of dabs.com. Nothing contained herein amends dabs.com’s terms and conditions.