The Define series is reaching new heights in combining stylish, contemporary design with maximum functionality and noise absorbing features. The minimalistic, yet stunning front panel design, fitted with noise absorbing material on the inside, creates an aura of exclusivity.
As the name implies, Define Mini is the smaller sibling of the acclaimed and award winning Define R2/R3 case. Being a Micro ATX version of Define R2/R3, it offers a number of interesting functions with a very stylish appearance. It's a case focused on low noise level, without neglecting other important features such as cooling, expandability and ease of use. The Define Mini excels in including a lot of features in a small size!
The patent pending feature ModuVent™, in which you can choose whether to have fan slots in side and top panels open or not, makes the case appealing for users seeking optimal silence, as well as the performance hungry ones.
The sleek black interior is matched with pre-fitted, dense noise absorbing material on the side panels, efficiently absorbing noise and vibrations. You can fit an astonishing total of six(!) hard drives into this case, using the user friendly HDD-trays. All painted in a nice white color and using black silicone mounts. PSU is mounted in the bottom of the case, with a convenient pull-out filter beneath it.
Tangled cables are a thing of the past as the Arc Series offers an innovative, convenient and great looking way to hide them. The motherboard mounting plate has rubber covered holes in which you can easily route the cables to a compartment behind the motherboard, which has more than ample storage space,
- Fan controller for 3 fans included
- 1 rear Fractal Design 120mm @ 1200rpm included
- 1 front Fractal Design 120mm @ 1200rpm included
- 1 front 120mm fan (optional)
- 1 top 120/140mm fan (optional)
- 1 bottom 120mm fan (optional)
- 1 side panel 120mm/140mm fan (optional)
- 6x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!
- 2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
- On top of front panel: 2x USB2, 1x USB3 and Audio I/O
- Removable filter below PSU (No PSU included)
- M/B compatibility: Mini ITX and Micro ATX
- 4+1 expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
- Supports graphic cards with lengths up to ca 260mm when removable HDD-bay is in place
- Supports graphic cards with lengths up to ca 400mm when HDD-bay is removed
- Supports CPU coolers with height of ca 165mm
- Supports PSU's with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120/140mm fan location. When not using the bottom 120mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU's, typically 200-220mm.
- Case size (WxHxD): 210x395x490mm
- Net weight: 9,50 kg
Highlights of the Fractal Design Design Define Mini Black Mini-ITX Case
- - Stunning front panel design
- - Patent pending ModuVent™ design, allowing the user to either have optimal silence or optimal airflow
- - Pre-fitted with dense, noise absorbing material
- - 6(!) white painted HDD-trays, with silicone mounting
- - A total of 6 fan slots (2x120mm in front, 1x 120/140mm in top, 1x120mm in back, 1x 120/140mm in side panel, 1x 120mm in bottom)
- - Two120mm Fractal Design 120mm fans included
- - Fan controller for 3 fans included
- - Upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable
- - USB3 support in the front panel
- - Excellent cable routing and cable routing covers
- - Supports graphic cards with lengths up to circa 400mm when upper HDD bay is removed
- - Extra, vertically mounted expansion slot, suitable for fan controllers or non-input expansion cards
Write a review for the Fractal Design Design Define Mini Black Mini-ITX Case here!
High quality case, carefully considered features
Reviewed by Anonymous Review Posted 29/06/2011
Most reviewers rave about Fractal Design cases, and I can see why. This case is high-quality, solidly built, with good soundproofing, and carefully considered features.
- Stylish appearance: brushed black finish on the door, matte black sides, vivid blue LED
- Substantial door: closes with a satisfying magnetic clunk
- interior is perfectly finished
- Excellent cable tidying system, with flexible channels to push the cables through, and sufficient room in the cable tidy recess
- Quiet, especially if you control the case fan speed
Room for improvement:
- Ease of removing the side panels. While one side slid off easily, the other would not budge - felt as if it was welded on! I needed a sturdy lever to shift it
- Door should really open to 180 deg
- The manual, which largely repeated what was on the product flyer. Some diagrams would would be helpful.
But these are minor niggles. I would recommend this high-quality case to any discerning PC builder.
- Ease of use
- Value for money
The opinions expressed in this reviews section are those of our customers and not of dabs.com. Nothing contained herein amends dabs.com’s terms and conditions.