HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader
The HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader provides a cost-effective, easy-to-install, unattended backup that is ideal for an entry-level or remote office automated backup solution. The HP 1/8G2 autoloader combines incredible storage density and tape library features into a compact 1U form factor. Capable of up to 24TB of compressed capacity in only a 1U form factor, the autoloader is well equipped to offer room for uncertain data growth. Web-based remote management offers the capability to quickly and easily access, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot the autoloader that will reduce dependencies on local IT staff while allowing multiple sites to be supported centrally. Protect confidential business information with native encryption, ensuring that if a tape is lost or stolen your data is protected from unauthorized access. Proactively monitor utilization, operational performance, as well as life and health information for both the drive and media with TapeAssure. In addition, All 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloaders include HP Data Protector Express Basic backup and recovery software for Windows, Linux and NetWare.
- The HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader packs the maximum amount of storage into the minimum amount of space. LTO-5 Ultrium 3000tape technology delivers 24 TB of compressed capacity (2:1) in a 1U form factor.
- Easy to install, manage and use integrated solution
- Protect and secure your data with native autoloader encryption
- Predicative and proactive monitoring with Tape Assure
- Integrated web-based remote management
- Flexible tape technology and interface choices to suit your needs
- Easy to use and manage
- Customer serviceable and replaceable components
- Complete solution in the box with HP Data Protector Express Basic backup and recovery software
The 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader ships as a rack-ready unit. A separate 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader Rack Kit must be purchased to allow installation in a variety of HP racks which include the 10000 series, 9000 series, 5000 series and System/E racks. A set of rubber feet are included in the box if you choose to use the unit on a tabletop or desk. For additional structural rigidity, HP recommends the purchase of the 1/8 G2 Rack-to-Tabletop conversion kit which has a maximum load of 33 pounds (15 kilograms) and fully encloses the unit.
Included backup and recovery software
The HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloaders include HP Data Protector Express Basic backup and recovery software. Data Protector Express Basic is based on HP Data Protector Express software. It is an easy-to-use backup and recovery application that is installed in minutes and includes all the features needed to protect a single machine by backup to a HP StorageWorks tape product. Data Protector Express Basic includes pre-defined and customizable media rotation schemes so you can define when you backup and how long your backups are retained, while easily managing your tape data cartridges.
Easy and economical upgrade of the included software to Data Protector Express
An additional benefit is a discount to the purchase of Data Protector Express. This discount is delivered using a special part number only available for customers of HP StorageWorks tape products. Part number TC333AAE enables Data Protector Express Basic to be upgraded to Data Protector Express for 1 Server at a significant discount to the regular buy price. Upgrading to Data Protector Express for 1 Server unlocks all the features of Data Protector Express while retaining all the jobs and settings created while using Data Protector Express Basic. Once upgraded to Data Protector Express for 1 Server, additional licenses can be purchased to protect other servers and to take advantage of the unique and all inclusive licensing of Data Protector Express.
The 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader allows web-based remote manageability; the unit can be monitored and managed from across the room or across the globe. Functions included in the management tool include:
- Status information on the drive and system
- System configuration operations and reporting
- System error and status logs
- Library and drive firmware upload capabilities
- Diagnostic tests and information
- Cartridge movement for maintenance and management purposes
- Cleaning cartridge support
- Security and access control
- SNMP support for IP communications
With a rating of 2,000,000 robot load/unload cycles, the 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader provides necessary high reliability for today's demanding environment. To improve reliability and longevity, all HP Ultrium products feature Data Rate Matching (DRM). This allows the tape drive to dynamically and continuously adjust the speed of the drive, from 7 MB/s to 140 MB/s, to match the speed of the host or network. This increases performance, reduces mechanical wear on the tape drive and extends tape life.
|Corsair Flash Voyager Slider USB 3.0 - 16GB worth £9.57 | in stock|