HP StorageWorks LTO-4 Ultrium 1840 Tape Drive represents HP's fourth-generation of LTO tape drive technology positioned as HP's first tape drive capable of storing up to 1.6TB per cartridge while providing hardware-based encryption to enable greater levels of security and unprecedented performance. Data hardware encryption using AES 256-bit provides easy-to-enable security to protect the most sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access of tape cartridges. By using LTO-4 Ultrium 1840 encryption, not only is data fully capable of being compressed therefore maximizing capacity, encrypted backups are completed without a loss in performance.Capable of data transfer rates up to 240MB/sec, HP's exclusive Data Rate Matching feature further optimizes performance by matching host system speed to keep drives streaming and enabling the fastest tape performance in the industry.
Highlights of the HP Ultrium 1840 SCSI Internal WW
- Up to 1.6TB capacity per cartridge: The LTO-4 Ultrium 1840 Tape Drive provides up to 1.6TB of compressed capacity on a single cartridge.
- Hardware data encryption of tape device enables full performance and compressibility of data. Provides highest level of security with compression for strong backup data privacy to secure confidential information and address compliance quickly and with fewer cartridges.
- Up to 240MB/s data transfer rate: Enables even the tightest backup window to be met with unprecedented performance.
- Data rate matching (DRM). Allows the tape drive to dynamically and continuously adjust the speed of the drive, from 40MB/s to 120MB/s (native), to keep drives streaming and maximize performance and reduce start/stops to significantly increase reliability of HP drives and media.
- Server compatibility. Qualified on HP and non-HP: including popular platforms from vendors such as Dell, IBM, and Sun.
- Software compatibility. Extensive list of supported backup and archiving software applications from HP, CA, VERITAS, Legato, Tivoli, and many more.
- Support for WORM media. Allows for unalterable backups using Write-Once Read-Many (WORM) media to meet compliance regulations such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC 17A-4.
- Enterprise-class reliability. Design leveraged from previous HP LTO tape drives to deliver confident backups at high duty cycles
- Backup software included. Ships with single server edition of HP Data Protector Express Software which includes support for hardware data encryption support.
- One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) Supported. Allows users to quickly restore an entire system using a single tape cartridge significantly reducing the cost and recovery time often resulting from a disaster - to keep any business up and running.
- Large-capacity drive capable of storing up to 1.6TB of compressed storage on a single cartridge, requiring fewer data cartridges to meet their storage needs, significantly reducing their IT costs
- AES 256 hardware data encryption (LTO-4) helps prevent unauthorized access of data and eliminates need to purchase and manage additional devices
- Fast data transfer rate up to 240MB/sec to meet demands of even the tightest backup window
- HP's exclusive data rate matching feature automatically adjusts the drive's read and write speed based on the server and network environment, which increases performance, reduces mechanical wear on the drive, and extends tape life
- Fully read-and-write compatible with Ultrium drives and media from other manufacturers
- Soft-load feature automatically takes the data cartridge and moves it into the load position
- Advanced tape leader capture design ensures fail-safe cartridge loading
- Active head cleaning provides automated cleaning that increases head life and reduces the need for using the cleaning cartridge
- Lower power consumption for maximum reliability with minimum environmental costs
- Includes HP StorageWorks Data Protector Express Single Server Edition backup/recovery software and the HP StorageWorks Data Protector Express Bare Metal Disaster Recovery option
- HP One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) makes it possible to quickly restore an entire system using a single tape cartridge
- HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools (LTT) included to help with installation, management, performance optimization, and troubleshooting
- Support for Write-Once, Read-Many (WORM) media providing a simple and secure method for archiving compliant data to meet regulatory agency requirements
Not quite found what you are looking for? You can find products which may be more suitable by simply checking the features that interest you and clicking the find button.