Data has become increasingly mobile, but with that increased mobility comes increased risk. Delicate portable storage devices can easily be dropped during travel, stolen or exposed to adverse environmental conditions such as extreme temperatures, sand or moisture - all factors which can lead to data loss. The ioSafe Rugged Portable addresses each of these problems. It's tough enough to be used in arctic or desert environments, is shock and crush resistant, has anti-theft features.
The Go-Anywhere™ Ultra Rugged Hard Drive + Data Recovery Service (DRS)
- Full Metal Jacket™ Technology - CNC machined enclosure from a solid billet of aluminum alloy. Crush resistant to up to 2500 lbs
- Full Suspension Drive™ Technology - Full suspension in all six axes of motion. Protects from drops of up to 10'.
- HydroSafe™ Technology - Protects against data loss for 3 days in fresh water or salt water for up to 10' deep.
- ChemSafe™ Technology - Full immersion in diesel fuel, oils, hydraulic fluids, aircraft fuels, 12" depth for 1 hour with no data loss
- EnviroSafe™ Technology - Continuous exposure to UV, blowing sand, blowing dust, rain, salt fog, icing or freezing rain, 24 hours with no data loss.
- AltiSafe™ Technology - High altitude operation up to 15,000 ft
- Theft Resistant Kensington® Lock compatible slot
- Available with USB3.0 or Dual Firewire/USB2.0 interfaces7
Data Recovery Service (DRS) and No-Hassle™ Warranty1
- 1 Year Data Recovery Service (DRS) included - one time, any reason, no questions asked
- 1 Year No-Hassle™ Warranty included - replacement or repair for any defects or damage
- DRS includes accidental deletion, any damage, disasters or hardware failure
- Up to $2500 included for third party forensic recovery service if needed for DRS (HDD versions)
- Up to $5000 included for third party forensic recovery service if needed for DRS (SSD versions)
- 3 and 5 year upgrades for DRS and No-Hassle™ Warranty plans available at www.iosafe.com
Construction and Physical Security Specifications
- Full Metal Jacket™ Technology - CNC machined enclosure from a solid billet of aluminum (Al) or titanium (Ti) alloy. Crush resistant to up to 5000 lbs (Ti) and 2500 lbs (Al) yet weighs as little as a pound (Al).
- Full Suspension Drive™ Technology - Full suspension in all six axes of motion. Optimized for data loss protection from drop and shock of 20' drops (SSD version)
- HydroSafe™ Technology - Waterproof yet heat conducting barrier to protect against data loss up to 10' for 3 days in fresh water or salt water (aluminum version) or 30' for 3 days (titanium version) per IP68. Protects data even when USB or FW plug is in. No requirement for a connector cap to retain data protection.
- ChemSafe™ Technology - Full immersion in diesel fuel, oils, hydraulic fluids, aircraft fuels, 12" depth for 1 hour with no data loss per MIL-STD-810G Method 504
- EnviroSafe™ Technology - Continuous exposure to UV, blowing sand, blowing dust, rain, salt fog, icing or freezing rain, 24 hours with no data loss per MIL-STD-810G Methods 505.4, 506.4, 509.4 and 510.
- AltiSafe™ Technology - High altitude operation. 15K ft. (Alum.) and 30K ft. (SSD and Ti.) rated altitudes per MIL-STD-810G Method 500.4
- Theft Resistant Kensington® Lock compatible slot solid metal construction - theft protection
Software Specifications (included but not required for use)
- Genie Timeline™ Pro Full Version2 ($60 Value) Award winning backup software. Simple, block level, open file and OS Continuous Data Protection (CDP) software for Windows users. Disaster recovery for entire hard drive including programs and settings, roll back and AES encryption features for the ultimate protection. Registration required at www.iosafe.com to validate purchase prior to downloading software and install code.
- Apple® Mac® TimeMachine® Supported - Apple Time Machine fully supported. Reformat of device may be required. Simple instructions online at www.iosafe.com
- TrueCrypt® AES-256 Encryption Compatible3 - Open source, encryption software. FIPS 140-2, ISO/IEC 10118-3:2004. PC, Mac and Linux compatible.
- 5400, 7200 RPM HDDs available1TB capacity
- Multi-platform compatibility with Mac & PC/Windows
- USB 3.0 (compatible with USB 2.0 computers)
- FireWire® 800/USB 2.0 (Available 3/2010)
Inside The Box
- ioSafe Rugged Portable + DRS
- USB 3.0 Cable (USB 3.0 version),
- FireWire 800 Cable (FW800/USB 2.0 version)
- USB Micro-B Y-Cable (for low powered USB 2.0 ports)
- Owners Manual and Warranty
- Shipping Dimensions: 8"W x 10"L x 3.25"H. (Shipping Weight: 1.5lb Aluminum, 2.0 lb Titanium)
- Intel Pentium II 350 Mhz-compatible or Mac G3 processor & greater
- For USB 3.0/USB 2.0 speeds, the system must support applicable specifications
- For FireWire 800 speeds, the system must support applicable specifications
- Operating: 0 to 35°C (32 to 95°F) for HDD versions
- Operating: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F) for SSD versions
- Non-operating: -40°C to 65°C (-40 to 149°F) all versions
Operating Humidity: 5% - 80% (non-condensing) all versions
Go to website www.iosafe.com for terms and conditions on Data Recovery Service (DRS) and No-Hassle Warranty which are subject to change without notice. Some limitations apply. Registration required by end user to enable DRS.
- Registration required to download backup software.
- TrueCrypt is a free, open source software. Link and instructions for use available for free at www.iosafe.com or www.truecrypt.org. No purchase required to download TrueCrypt software. Compatible with PC, Mac and Linux.
- 1GB=1 billion bytes; 1TB=1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- ioSafe® is a registered trade mark
|Belkin 2.5" Portable Hard-Drive Case Neoprene / PU Leather Black worth £9.99 | in stock|
|C2G 1m 7-pin 180° to 90° 1-Device Serial ATA Cable worth £4.99 | in stock|
Write a review for the ioSafe 1TB Rugged Portable Dual Firewire 800 / USB 2.0 Hard Drive here!
Great rugged drive!!!
Reviewed by Derek Rennie. Review Posted 29/07/2012
The point of rugged drives are that they need to be able to take all the abuse that's thrown at them. The ioSafe feels very strong and looks great.
I needed to buy an alternative to the Lacie rugged drives, we have 6 but each one has had at least one port fail.
There are plenty of cheap portable drives out there, but if you are looking for a 'rugged' version you can trust then this must be at the top of the list.
It costs more than other drives, but if you buy one you will understand why. It's a top quality product and I will be ordering more of these.
- Ease of use
- Value for money
The opinions expressed in this reviews section are those of our customers and not of dabs.com. Nothing contained herein amends dabs.com’s terms and conditions.