Key Features & Benefits
- Insurance for Theft, Accidental Damage, Fire & Flood - Comprehensive cover to give you peace of mind
- No Excess - Nothing to pay in the event of a claim
- Worldwide Cover - Travel anywhere with confidence
- Equipment replaced on a like for like basis - You will not receive second-hand or inferior equipment as a replacement
- 1, 2, 3 or 4 Year Cover - Flexibility to suit your budget and requirements
Provision and Process
- You will receive insurance documents and a policy number
- You will receive worldwide cover and NO EXCESS on the policy
- To make a claim by phone please call - 01788 563111
- To make a claim online please visit - www.compucover.co.uk/claimspocedures.htm
- Claims must be reported within 14 days of the event (accidental damage)
- MendIT will arrange collection of the defective unit, repair and return to your location
- MendIT will incur all repair and logistical cost during this process
- Examples of accidental damage covered include - drops, liquid spills and accidental breakage
Any word or expression to which a specific meaning has been attached will bear the same meaning throughout the policy and will appear in bold. Further details stated in the full Terms and Conditions.
Equipment means the computer, ancillary computer hardware and standard software that are identified in the policy schedule. Standard software means an operating system or an application program which is generally available for retail sale and can be replaced by means of purchasing a copy of it without the need for individual reprogramming or program writing. Only equipment of UK specification may be insured under the policy. Insured Event means damage to, or the theft, accidental damage or destruction of, all or part of the insured equipment.
Proposal means any signed application and declaration together with any supporting information you may have supplied in support of your application for insurance.
Insurance means the proposal, Policy and policy schedule.
Period of cover means the period between the start date and end date stated on the policy schedule. Policy Schedule means the written confirmation received from the administrator confirming your details and the equipment the subject of this policy.
Policy Year means the 12-month period commencing on the date of issue or renewal of a Policy and, in the case of a certificate for more than one year, means each 12-month period of insurance cover commencing on the anniversary of such issue/renewal.
Total Insured Value means the maximum amount that can be claimed in any policy year as stated on the policy schedule.
The Territorial Limits means the United Kingdom of England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man and includes any other country in which you are temporarily present with the equipment, provided that you are resident within these territorial limits.
All Risks Policy Wording.
This Policy is underwritten by UK Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Fortis Insurance Limited, Registered in England No.354568. Registered Office: Fortis House, Tollgate, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA.
Fortis Insurance Limited and UK Underwriting Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). This can be checked on the FSA's register by visiting the FSA's website at www.fsa.gov.uk/register
Understanding Your Policy
Please read this policy carefully and make sure you understand fully and comply with it's terms and conditions, failure to do so may jeopardise the payment of any claim which might arise and could lead to the policy becoming void.
The insurer will provide the Insurance described in this policy for the period of cover that is shown in the policy schedule and for any subsequent period which the insurer and you may agree.
This policy will not be in force unless the correct premium has been received and it has been agreed by an authorised official of the insurer and confirmation sent to you with the policy schedule. The policy contains details of the Insurance cover you have bought, what is excluded from cover and the terms and conditions of this Insurance. Your attention is drawn to the following:
- In respect of claims, we will not accept any changes to the claim form after its original submission.
- Unattended is now defined as when not within your sight and control at all times and out of arms length reach.
- Handling and or/use of the equipment must be in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
1. Claims Notifications & Requirements
In order to make a claim, you or your personal representative, must:
- Within 14 days of the occurrence of the insured event, notify the administrator in writing;
- Submit a claim form to the administrator; and
- In the event of loss by theft, or where you have reason to believe a criminal offence has been committed,
- notify the police and obtain a police crime number.
You must also:
- Take precautions to prevent further damage to the equipment (the insurer will not be liable for any further damage resulting from the continued use of equipment before the equipment has been repaired to the satisfaction of the insurer)
- Retain any damaged equipment or parts thereof; and
- When requested to do so, and within 14 days of receiving such request, deliver to the administrator a written state- ment of all reasonable particulars and details of the equipment affected, its value and the insured event and furnish all such documents, explanations and other evidence as may be reasonably required by the insurer. Unless all of the terms of this condition (as detailed above) are complied with, a claim under this policy will not be payable. UK Underwriting Ltd and the administrator are insurers agents and in the matters of a claim act on behalf of the insurer.
2. Cover for replacement equipment
In the event of a valid claim resulting in the replacement of all or part of the equipment, this policy will not automatically cover the item or items of replacement equipment during the remainder of the policy year in which the claim has been settled. However, the replacement equipment may be insured on payment of an additional premium, which will be proportionate to the value of the replacement equipment. If you have purchased cover for more than one year and the policy still has one year or more un-expired, the replacement equipment will be insured under the policy from the start of the next policy year but will not be insured during the remainder of the policy year in which the claim has been settled unless an additional premium has been paid.