Samsung's Spinpoint M7 model is designed for high-end mobile computing applications requiring greater shock resistance without a compromise in performance. An optimized system-on-chip controller reduces the power consumption in both seek and idle modes to the lowest level among comparable drives.
The Spinpoint M7 utilizes Samsung's proprietary SilentSeek and NoiseGuard technologies to minimize noise-levels during drive operation. The halogen-free drive complies with the European Union's directive on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS).
Highlights of the Samsung 320GB SpinPoint M7 (Enhanced) SATA-300 5400RPM 8MB 2.5"
- Serial ATA 3.0Gbps interface support
- SATA native command queuing feature
- TuMR/PMR head with FOD technology
- Load/unload head technology
- ATA security mode feature set
- ATA S.M.A.R.T. feature set