This is the official accessibility statement for www.dabs.com. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us using the feedback form.
We worked to make the www.dabs.com website as accessible as possible for all audiences, including those with visual impairments or other disabilities.It is our goal to create a model of usable and accessible design for a large e-commerce site, something which many e-commerce sites usually neglect. The site conforms to the latest web standards and validation, details of which can be found below.
The following UK government recommended access keys are used on the site:
S - Skip navigation
1 - Home page
2 - Not Used
3 - Site map
4 - Search
5 - Not Used
6 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Help
7 - Not Used
8 - Terms and conditions
9 - Feedback form
0 - Access key details
- All pages on this site are WCAGA approved, complying with all priority 1 rules of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. This is a judgment call; many guidelines are intentionally vague and can not be tested automatically.We have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that all pages are in compliance.
- Most pages/areas also conform to the WCAGAA rules, although the work to attain full AA status is ongoing.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional . For example, check the home page for XHTML validity.
- All pages on this site validate as well formed CSS . For example, check the site for CSS validity.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- All images are optimised for fast download times and modem browsing.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
We designed to support the following browsers specifically, as well as all standards-compliant browsers.
- Internet Explorer 6 for Windows
- Mozilla Firefox for Windows
- Netscape 8 for Windows
- Opera 8 for Windows
- Mozilla Firefox for Macintosh
- Safari for Macintosh
The site is also currently being tested with the LYNX text browser and the JAWS screen reader.